Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BitF Fan Art WINNER and RUNNERS-UP! **May 2011**

Administrator Forum Administrator fiftyeighthens's Avatar

BitF Fan Art WINNER and RUNNERS-UP! **May 2011**

Crazy crossovers of Brawl in the Family characters with foreign game worlds was the theme this month, and we received more great entries than we know what to do with! With endless possibilities at their fingertips, our artists have smashed together fictional universes to create the following works of art. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Clandy's entry

Mario's habit of stomping on turtles wouldn't serve him well in the world of Animal Crossing. His expression seems to suggest that he's realized his error a moment too late, with poor Tortimer experiencing first-hand the largely anti-turtle bias of the Mushroom Kingdom. I guess he's actually a tortoise, but I think Mario's instincts just have him jumping at anything with a shell at this point. Clandy's charming art captures the world of Animal Crossing quite well - thanks to the great-looking text bubble, it almost looks like a screenshot from the game!

Impromptu's entry

Adeleine's confronted by the dark enemies of Epic Mickey, and with her trusty paintbrush in hand, she's definitely up to the task! The situation looks a bit grim, but I wouldn't underestimate her artistic abilities. The great art provides a tense atmosphere, which makes me want to see the whole scene in action.

Kestre_Wynde's entry

How'd the Master Sword get into Animal Crossing, anyway? Whoever took it from the Temple of Time would need the three Spiritual Stones scattered across the world that would be generally kinda hard to obtain for someone who isn't the Hero of Time. The detail in this image is very impressive, with each panel featuring stunning backgrounds and fantastic color work. I wonder how Link will react when he realizes that the Triforce is in Animal Crossing, too.

Luna_Kat's entry

If Link had to fight a Kraken at sea, let's just say that he'd have the fight of his life on his hands! Don't let that smug grin fool you: those guys are pretty tough customers in Earthbound. Link seems to recognize the danger of his predicament, as illustrated by his uncertain expression. The art evokes the spirit of The Wind Waker, and the Kraken is drawn perfectly to match the style of Earthbound with the style of this piece.

Miomi50's entry

When deciding who to fight first, I'd probably look at Bomb Man first, mainly because I never found those bomb-throwing dudes to be too difficult in Kirby's Adventure. This piece appropriately combines Kirby's abilities with the bosses from the first Mega Man game. Kirby's in the role of the bad guy, so... what, I guess the player plays as Dedede? We really liked the coloring job and the creative application of Kirby's abilities.

P.A.S.'s entry

The gorgeous line art here shows a veritable pantheon of game heroes teaming up to take on enemies from their respective worlds. A team of Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Bomberman would surely be a force to reckon with. We love the expressive art style and the clean inking job that was done here!

Redzone's entry

The land of Termina has Mr. Sun to thank for their apocalyptic ordeal with Majora's Mask and the ominous moon it manipulates. Mr. Sun had the best of intentions, but the sun from Super Mario Bros. 3 will apparently never be happy - especially if he fails to succeed as a moon, too! We especially liked the creative connections between games that this entry makes.

Spazboy225's entry

In a shocking turn of events, Spazboy225 completely resists the urge to have Snake flaunt his rear end all over the place! Instead, he's given everyone else sculpted buttocks and shoved them into the audience's eyes, and we couldn't be happier. Spazboy225's style is as characteristic as ever, with some great expressions that give each character a wonderful silliness.

ThatFellow's entry

If Super Mario Galaxy had been made by Bioware, maybe we could have expected something like this - and that would have been pretty awesome! Mario's got a Koopa friend (which suggests he's gotten past his aforementioned anti-turtle prejudices) and Peach is standing to fight at his side, which is something that I think would be pretty cool to see (Super Mario RPG notwithstanding). The depth and balance of the coloring in this image is beautiful and the translation of the Mass Effect box art into Mario imagery is brilliantly done.

TheBovine's entry

The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 finds himself managing the work of a certain aspiring young scientist named Jeff, who'd take a bottle rocket over a bazooka any day. I can imagine his confused frustration when the fruits of Jeff's labor amount to a giant, explosive pencil. The lighthearted art makes the crayon coloring medium a great choice, and we found the predicament that the Engineer is facing to be quite charming.

T-3000's entry

Adeleine comes face-to-face with the entity that's been messing with her, only to find that it's made of robotic versions of her best friends! I can barely even imagine what a Kirby/Dedede/Meta Knight-minded GlaDOS would sound like, but it would certainly be hilarious. I just feel sorry for KirbDOS! The apparently dim lighting conditions suggest they've just come face-to-face leading into their final encounter. We loved the design of the characters in this piece.

Wade Wilson's entry

This entry is just funny as heck to us: Kirby interprets the Pokemon catch-phrase "Gotta catch 'em all!" in a way that only he knows how, resulting in a bizarre pink blob of weird shapes and horns and tails. The idea and its execution are clever and we have to wonder whether a Pokemon trainer would try to capture Kirby after this eating binge.

And the winner is...

ThatFellow's entry!

This entry has it all: great art, great composition, and a great idea behind it. The lighting is soft and glowing, the colors are rich and detailed, and the art takes just enough inspiration from its source material fused with the artistry of the creator to make a wonderful and winning entry.

Thanks to everyone for this month's great entries! Don't dawdle, now: head to our new contest and keep working those wonderful art muscles of yours.
    Last edited by fiftyeighthens; July 7th, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Re: BitF Fan Art WINNER and RUNNERS-UP! **May 2011**

Congratulations to all the runner ups and especially to ThatFellow. Hopefully, you will enter the next contest, and the future ones.

What a deserving winner and so many great entries this month. I feel sorry for you guys having to judge them and pick the best ones.

We Rise as a Magical Girl, And We Fall as a Witch... Erygirl's Avatar

Congrats ThatFellow!

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

whoa I didn't expect to win, there were a load of good entries last month.

Thanks!

Rewind Button! !nottud bniweЯ Miomi50's Avatar

Aaaaahhh runner up
    There were so many other great entries I can't believe-
    Congrats to everyone and stuff.
    *explodes*

Did someone say... Art contest? Impromptu's Avatar

I made runner up? I'm in heaven!
    Great job, everyone!

I can definitely tell how hard it was to choose between so many awesome entries-- Nearly all of them were top-ten material.
    Thank you.

Spoiler: Sig also spoilerboxed for convenience of scrolling 

And I didn't make it at a-

What? I don't want to give anyone a guilt trip or something. Congratulations, ThatFellow
    Expecting a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    I made runner up? I'm in heaven!
    Great job, everyone!

I can definitely tell how hard it was to choose between so many awesome entries-- Nearly all of them were top-ten material.
    Agreed. Mine was pretty good too, but i'm not one to gloat and/or complain. I just wish I had more time and less distractions so I could get it colored, though.
    I'm back, baby.

Merc-with-a-Account Wade Wilson's Avatar

Runner-up ^^. Now I can die happy!
    So I'm thinkin' a temple of blind, deaf an' mute monks ain't the best place to carry on this conversation, huh?

Scones and tea are delicious Luna_Kat's Avatar

Yay! Runner up! I am just so happy right now! Great job everyone, and congratulations to That Fellow!!!
    Hey I'm Grump! I'm not so Grump!

Banned

Spazboy didn't win. Wut.

Great job, ThatFellow!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

I'm not even angry.
    I'm being so sincere right now.
    Even though you broke my heart.
    And killed me.
    And tore me to pieces.
    And threw every piece into a fire.
    As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.
    And we're out of beta.
    We're releasing on time.
    So I'm GLaD I got burned.
    Think of all the things we learned
    for the people who are still alive.

Nice job ThatFellow
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Wow, these entries were pretty good! No wonder it took a lot of time to decide on them for a winner.

Congratulations, ThatFellow!

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Many kudos to Fellow! My personal favorite this time 'round would probably be Impromptu's entry, but I'm quite saddened to see that Ripcord's entry wasn't even mentioned ;-;

Still, I loved Fellow's work as always. But to everyone: thanks for making this my very favorite contest so far.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Got it memorized? DO YOU?!? Got-It-Memorized?'s Avatar

No wonder why it took so long to pick a winner. Lots of awesome entries. Great job, That Fellow. When I saw it for the first time, I knew it would be at least a runner up.
    Got it Memorized?

Star Warrior

Yay, I was kinda rooting for ThatFellow.

Had I thought of it earlier, I might have drawn Mario or Luigi grabbing the plunger from the Mad Doctor's machine.

Congrats ThatFellow and all the runner-ups! ^-^
    I beat KH2 with 11 different Handicaps! Kingdom Hearts RULES! <3

I beat the 1000 Heartless Battle without Reaction Commands, in Proud Mode, at lvl. 36-38, Kingdom Keyblade only, no Armor, only 3 potions and 2 eithers, and a bunch of other handicaps. It means a lot to me that I did that. :3

Congrtats Thatfellow! Knew your art had that kind of winning chance.

BTW, I didn't make that TF2 Engie/Jeff picture. Someone else did.

Randomness everywhere ... You can expect that from now on.

"I have no idea!"- Medic and Pinkie Pie

Waluigi time. All the time.

wow! it must of been tough to pick a monthly winner. Winner and runner ups, awesome work.

Expect to see me... sometimes? Koj09's Avatar

This was a great set of entries! Congrats to ThatFellow and all who made it into the runner-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    but I'm quite saddened to see that Ripcord's entry wasn't even mentioned ;-;
    () ()
    (Oo),___,_
    (/O/ O||

This is BILLEH. Don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Congrtats Thatfellow! Knew your art had that kind of winning chance.

BTW, I didn't make that TF2 Engie/Jeff picture. Someone else did.
    I believe it was Garfunkeless. Honesty is a great thing!

We Rise as a Magical Girl, And We Fall as a Witch... Erygirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    The entry is still epic,just that why would they not pick Ripcord's entry when its epic.No one knows....no one knows...

Expect to see me... sometimes? Koj09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    I'm quite saddened to see that Ripcord's entry wasn't even mentioned ;-;
    I agree. It was worthy of entry.

But yeah, all entries were good. And I also agree that Impromptu's entry was genuisly spectacular, yet I can't say which was best IMO.

Thread Information